Being in recovery from an addiction is challenging even in normal times. The COVID-19 pandemic has presented new hurdles for those fighting addiction. Wherever you are in your recovery journey, understand that it’s ok to feel challenged. The good news is there is help available.
Recovery Challenges During the Pandemic Include:
Knowing what treatment is available
Developing a remote relationship with your provider
Being triggered or feeling cravings because of isolation
Limited access to a recovery community
Decreased accountability from agencies
Tips to Help:
- Create and maintain a routine
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Practice self-care
- Attend virtual support meetings
- Eliminate anxiety-provoking situations
- Focus on the reasons you want to be in recovery
Connect to Addiction Support Resources Through:
- Your Local Community Mental Health Center
- Contacting 2-1-1.
- For local support services, call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211 (M-F, 8am – 5pm).
- Integrative Wellness