Dr. DeLynn Williams breaks down generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder while providing tips on how to help manage feelings of anxiety or panic.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Symptoms:
- Excessive worries or fears
- Feeling the brain is constantly “on”
- Inability to deal with uncertainty
- Constant feeling of tension
Panic Disorder Symptoms:
- Fear of losing control
- Sense of doom or danger
- Feeing of having an out-of-body experience
Ways to Help Manage Anxiety or Panic:
- Start an exercise routine
- Eat a healthy diet
- Avoid large amounts of caffeine or alcohol
- Take a “time out” from activities
- Set boundaries
- Learn different relaxation techniques like deep breathing
If you are struggling with anxiety or panic and are unable to manage it on your own, that is OK and there is help available.
DeLynn Williams, M.D.
Mental Health Counselor