Dr. Carolyn Warner-Greer highlights the risks of COVID-19 for those who smoke and vape. She also provides tips to quit.
When it comes to the pandemic, here is what we know about smoking:
- People who smoke are 4x more likely to die from COVID-19.
- The hand-to-mouth action of smoking increases risk of transmission.
- Vaping increases risk for catching COVID-19.
Support to Help You Quit:
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to speak with a specialist.
- Work with a personal “Quit Coach.”
- Reach out to “Text2Quit” for live support over text.
- Find a web coach to help guide you through difficult moments.
- Try quitting aids.
- Follow a quit guide.
Carolyn Warner-Greer, M.D.
Bowen Recovery Center