IU School of Nursing’s Ukamaka Oruche shares parenting and self-care tips for guardians of children with emotional and behavioral challenges.
Tips for Parenting:
- Be patient with your child.
- Provide a structured daily routine for you and your child.
- Build in playtime.
- Speak with your children honestly about COVID-19 in a way they will understand.
- Keep them connected to loved ones with phone calls and video chats.
Tips for Taking Care of Yourself:
- Create time for yourself.
- Identify a support person you can reach out to.
- Exercise at home.
Ukamaka Oruche, Ph.D, RN, FAAN
IU School of Nursing