Individuals at greater risk of contracting and dying from COVID-19, including people of color, the elderly and those with low income, may be experiencing increased strain on their mental health. Bree Suggs uses her lived experience with PTSD to share ways marginalized people can benefit from peer support.
Tools to Cope with Stress:
- Stay active. Exercise can decrease stress.
- Keep a daily task list to say focused.
- Reconnect with others over phone, text and video chat.
- Limit exposure to fear-inducing media.
- Seek information that is helpful and hopeful.
If you think you could benefit from a Peer Recovery Support Group, visit the Indiana division of National Alliance on Mental Illness at: https://www.namiindiana.org/
Health & Recovery Advocate